Animation Mentor – Planning & Workflow Webinar
As you’ve probably already guessed, occasionally I’ll be posting random content that I think you might be interested in.
I have just studied the four part Webinar from two of the authors from Animation Tips & Tricks Volume II. I learned some great things from this.
PLANNING AND WORKFLOW WEBINAR (Animation Mentor)
Original Airdate: April 18, 2009
Wayne Gilbert and Keith Sintay shared their professional knowledge on good planning and workflow and how it is essential in creating great animation.
I found this webinar very helpful, and I am looking forward to future webinars by these guys.
Among other things; Keith showed his animation technique to Animate in Linear, not splines. I have setup Houdini now to work Linear.
A summary of some of the things I learned about from this webinar on Character Animation:
- Don’t leave neck in default rig pose.
- Set key on all controls in frame 1
- Put leg’s in a more realistic angle.
- Eyes are normally in world space
- Remember REVERSALS!
- Counter what you do!
- Work in multiples of 5 or 10 frames (whole numbers). Block out animation.
- Find key poses using video reference.