Batch render Maya animation with Maxwell Render
22 March 2011 2,488 views 6 Comments
If you want to render an image sequence for an animation using Maxwell, batch render in Maya (2011) is not available.
To solve this, you can Maxwell Render by exporting the .mxs sequence of your scene, then batch process directly inside the Maxwell Render application:
- Setup Maya parameters for the animation: File name prefix, Image format, name.#.ext for your outputfiles and set frame padding to 4!
- Set up your Maxwell settings as you want in Maya.
- Go to File > Export all Objects and select File type: Maxwell Scene and check Animation option.
- Press Export All and select where do you want to save all the .mxs files.
- Open Maxwell Render and go to File > Open MXS then select the first .mxs file in your sequence.
- In Render Options, select the folder where you want to save the .mxi files and output images.
- Set the your animation frames range (for example 1-48). (.TIF allows for 16 bit images)
- Press the RENDER button!!!